Saturday, November 26, 2011

Call me Phil: A funny, but sad story of community college leadership

Check out this short story from Inside Higher Ed.  You'll either be laughing your head off or crying into your pillow.

I’m Phil Dolly, Ed. D. 
Recently resigned, or deposed, community college president. 
Yesterday I was the CEO at North East Central Community College here in Folsom County, West Dakota. Today, I’m contemplating my own crisis in leadership. Following a faculty vote of no confidence, and caving in to growing board pressure, I packed it in this morning. No one was surprised, really, including me. But more about that later.



1 comment:

  1. You might be interestested to learn that a novel based on this short story is due to be released December 27th, 2011. You can get more information about the novel-- even find a review-- at our Facebook information page located at

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/College-Leadership-Crisis-The-Philip-Dolly-Affair/109780632466832?sk=info


    College Leadership Crisis: The Philip Dolly Affair is being published by Rogue Phoenix Press and will be available in both Kindle and print form. My co-author and I believe this is the first community college "campus" novel. Thank you, Jeffrey Ross

    ReplyDelete

All views are welcome. Please do not use foul language.