Saturday, January 26, 2013

Flex Day Respect is a Two Way Street

Respect is a two way street
I am not a positive person and I am always looking for flaws to improve. However, I was impressed with the tone of the flex day this year. There seemed to be a theme of working together. Every speakers' message was how we faculty, staff, and administrators can work together.
The Academic Senate Leadership was surprised by a unilateral change by administration but kept their displeasure with this unilateral decision under wrap. Did you notice the unilateral change which violates AB1725?
In the past due to disrespect of the previous administration toward faculty and staff,  the Academic Senate would be in revolution mode and the whole proceeding would have broken down. However, this year with this new team of Administration, the Academic Senate leadership was upset but decided to keep it quiet till they investigate the issue further.
I would like to congratulate President Dreyfus for surprising this old grouch!
Please NOTE that I am speaking as an individual faculty and not as a representative of the Academic Senate

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I was simply checking out this blog and I really admire the premise of the article and this is really informative. I street teams will for sure refer my friends the same. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

All views are welcome. Please do not use foul language.