Friday, July 01, 2011

Do We Still Have a Family at Rio

Six years ago when I got to Rio Hondo, I learned an important lesson. The lesson was that we are a family. We did not accomplish tasks in the most efficient way but everyone went above and beyond what was expected of them. They did this because they cared about the success of our students.  I saw many faculty and classified staff volunteering without pay to help our students without compensation. We were happy fools.
More recently, I have noticed that participation by faculty and staff is decliningwhereas I noticed that in the past we would do certain tasks out of the belief that we need to help students.  Now most faculty just teach their classes and hit the road. The level of commitment and love for Rio Hondo has diminished.

What happened? A President who is slowly turning our love for Rio into a commodity that is bought and sold. I am sorry this does not work.   Watch the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All views are welcome. Please do not use foul language.