Saturday, July 09, 2011

An Idea for Use of Google +

Today I got an invitation to G+ Google Plus. This is google's answer to facebook and facebook is not liking it!. I hope this social network takes off, because I plan to use it with my students. Facebook the giant in social networking shares your post with all of your friends. Google + allows you to break down your friends into "circles" or groups. When posting you have to decide which circle (group) you wish to share the information with. This gives you the teacher one place to go and share with family, friends and your classes while keeping your private life private. Also I can imagine using different circles for different sections of the same class.  I have to play around with the system a little more to see what I can do with this new gadget of google
Google + breaks down your friends into circles which allows you to use it for sharing with students online.
Here is a video that I found on how to set up a Google + and what it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All views are welcome. Please do not use foul language.