Wednesday, July 27, 2011

An Excuses Becomes a Reality! Congratulation

I noticed the following tweet on the right hand side of the screen. This is a student at Rio Hondo tweeting about the exits being blocked at Rio Hondo by construction and she is thinking of her safety if there was a fire. However, she is not aware of the fact that the problem is much bigger than exits being blocked by construction.
Since January 2010 I have been asking for room capacity of the classrooms. After having no success with our old Director of facilities, a good friend of the President, I brought it up at the Planning Fiscal Council. Again nothing till I made a series of video showing various places students and faculty are likely to lose their lives if there was a fire. At a meeting with the president's office, he gave me the excuse of "the bottle neck is due to the construction". At the time there was NO construction so I picked up my little video camera and made the following video showing the real problem with those hallways. The problem is scheduling too many students in those little classrooms without considering the capacity of the hallways.
Thanks to robotbecca  now I know the President's excuse is reality now.  I know about realizing one's dreams but realizing one's excuses is something I have to see!
I want to thank robotbecca and let her know that I heard your tweet for help. I hope you will share your concern with your representatives on ASB.

NOTE: The following video was shot in April 2011. It shows the dangers of these hallways without construction.  I have to go to campus and see how the excuse given to me by the President of the college have become reality.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All views are welcome. Please do not use foul language.